Welda Solar Shading Systems takes privacy seriously and is committed to complying with North America Privacy Laws. This policy sets out how Welda Solar Shading Systems and its related entities (we) collect, hold and disclose personal information.
What is ‘personal information’?
Personal information is any information about an individual that identifies an individual or by which an individual’s identity can be reasonably determined.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information:
- to provide products and services to our customers;
- to communicate with our customers and contacts;
- to manage and account for our products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to market our products and services;
- to send invitations to our events;
- to manage our employees and contractors;
- exchanging further personal information, including consumer and/or commercial credit information, with another body for any use reasonably connected with the provision of credit or the collection of debts.
What personal information do we collect and provide?
We collect the following information about an individual:
- delivery address;
- phone numbers and fax numbers;
- email address;
- other transnational information.
We also collect any other information necessary or reasonably required to provide the specific products and services our customers require.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information which is not relevant to the conduct of our business and our relation with our customers.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from our customers when they:
- request a quote or other information from us;
- place orders for products and services with us;
- sign-up for newsletters;
- provide feedback to us.
Customers have the right to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us in respect of a particular matter. However, this only applies where it is practicable for us to deal with customers anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general inquiry.
Non disclosure of personal information
If we request personal information and it is not provided, we may not be able to:
- provide products or services or otherwise assist the relevant customer;
- manage or administer our customer’s account;
- provide benefits to customers through our loyalty schemes or programs;
- inform about product or services that might better meet our customer’s needs.
General use and disclosure
We use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, related purposes and other authorized purposes. In general, we use and disclose personal information for the purposes set out above in the section ‘Why do we collect personal information’.
Use and disclosure for direct marketing
As part of our functions and business activities and to promote our products and services to customers, we may use personal information provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing and product review. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending our customers and / or contacting our customers in relation to promotions and information about our products and services or to send invitations to our events. Product review includes, but is not limited to, contacting our customers in relation to products or services received and requesting feedback, review or a ‘star rating’ on those products or services.
We will only use an individual’s personal information to market our products or services or to send invitations to our events where we give that individual an opportunity to request us not to use the information for such purposes.
We will not use a customer’s personal information for such purposes if the customer requests us not to do so. A customer can opt out of receiving direct marketing or product review communications at any time. Please see the section ‘Contact us’ for our contact information.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information:
- to other persons in connection with the provision of our goods and services including our customers and suppliers and their employees, insurers, contractors and advisers;
- to our employees, our related entities and employees of our related entities. This may include overseas recipients such USA;
- to third parties engaged by us to conduct product review surveys on our behalf;
- to anyone else whom the customer authorities us to disclose the information;
We may disclose personal information we collect to our contractors. For example, contractors may be engaged to provide products or services directly to our customers or to assist us in providing products or services. In addition, contractors may distribute some of our marketing material and other publications and maintain and develop our customer records and computer systems and website.
Our auditors, insurers and legal and other professional advisers may also access our records, but only to protect our interests and to ensure that we comply with our obligations.
How do we keep personal information secure?
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We store electronic information on secure servers in access controlled premises, and require all persons authorized to access such information to use logins and passwords to access such information.
We require all our contractors and others to whom we disclose personal information or whom may have access to personal information we collect, to protect such personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Unless we are prevented to do so by the law, we de-identify or destroy securely all personal information we hold when no longer reasonably required by us.
To request access to or correction of personal information, to request not to receive marketing material or invitations from us, or to make a privacy complaint to us, please contact:
201 Millway Avenue, Unit 18, Vaughan, ON L4K 3W4
Toll Free: 1-855-579-3051